Dr. Justin D’Arienzo
Psy.D., ABPP, Forensic and Board Certified Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo, Psy.D., ABPP
Dr. Justin D’Arienzo founded D’Arienzo Psychology in 2008. He is a Forensic and Board Certified Clinical Psychologist, a title held by only 5% of psychologists in the country. The American Psychological Association, the American Professional Board of Psychology, and other allied organizations have established strict professional standards, which Dr. D’Arienzo is dedicated to exceeding. Dr. D’Arienzo is specially qualified and prepared to assist you whether you need couples therapy or marriage counseling, a forensic evaluation, court martial psychological consulting, individual psychotherapy, adolescent therapy, life coaching, employment psychological testing, or online courses. Dr. D’Arienzo is uniquely qualified and ready to help. Dr. D’Arienzo is a Licensed Psychologist in Florida (PY7397), Arizona (PSY5373), and Texas (39518).
In both the military and the civilian sectors, Dr. D’Arienzo has more than twenty years of experience in behavioral health. The delighted parents of four children, a German Shepherd, a Dorkie, and a Newfyedoodle, Dr. and Erica D’Arienzo are married. When he is not working, he likes to read, exercise, go boating and fishing, and spend time with his family.
- 2004 Nova Southeastern University, Psy.D. Clinical Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 2001 Nova Southeastern University, M.S. Clinical Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 1997 University of North Florida, B.A. Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 1993 Furman University (1991-1993)
- Advanced Training in Social Investigations/Custody Evaluations (American Board of Forensic Psychology)
- Florida Psychological Forensic Examiner
- Board Certification (ABPP Diplomate, Clinical Psychology) and Fellow in Clinical Psychology
- Gottman Couples Therapy Training
- Parenting Coordination Certification
- Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator
- Military Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist in Florida, Texas, and Arizona.
- 2003-2008 Commissioned as Active Duty Lieutenant and Clinical Psychologist in the U.S. Navy
- Staff Psychologist at Navy Hospitals in Portsmouth, VA & Pensacola, FL
- Global War on Terrorism Detainee Psychologist and Director of Psychological Services, Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Head of Behavioral Health Clinic, NAS Pensacola, FL
- Operational Psychologist and Director of Mental Health for USS KITTY HAWK Carrier Strike Group and Air Wing, forward deployed to Yokosuka, Japan
- Head of Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program for USS KITTY HAWK Carrier Strike Group and Air Wing, forward deployed to Yokosuka, Japan
Additional Professional Experience
- 2008-Present: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist at D’Arienzo Psychology, Jacksonville, FL
- 2008-2008: Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital, Brain Injury Unit (Neuropsychology), Jacksonville, FL
- 2006-2008: Associate Psychology Professor, Central Texas College
- 2002-2003: Psychometrician, Broward Psychological Associates, Inc., Hollywood, FL
- 2001-2002: Practicum, VA Medical Center, Acute Psychiatric and Spinal Cord Injury Units, Miami, FL
- 2000-2001: Practicum, Guided Self Change, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 2000-2001: Therapist, One Stop Program, Conte Correctional Facility, Pompano, FL
- 1997-1999: Counselor, Gateway Community Services, Jacksonville, FL
Presentations, Publications, and Recognition
Florida Psychological Association, Forensic Division Chair (2022)
Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (2020)
D’Arienzo, J. A., (2017), Post traumatic stress disorder with combat veterans using cognitive behavioral therapy. In S.S. Fehr (2nd Ed), 101 Interventions in Group Therapy. New York: Routledge Press.
Featured Psychologist on T.D. Jakes Show, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Digital Kidnapping and Internet Safety, October 2016.
Featured Psychologist on The Buzz, Psychological Health, September 2016
“The Science Behind Building Strong, Confident, and Resilient Children. The Truth About Grit” Parent Association Annual Seminar, San Jose Episcopal Day School, October 4, 2016
“The New Premise of 50/50: Should You Really Split the Baby?” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) Webinar Presenters: Elisha Roy, Esq., with Dr. Deborah Day and Dr. Justin D’Arienzo. Thursday, September 15, 2016.
“Relocation Evaluations.” Jacksonville Bar Association Family Law Seminar 2016, September 15, 2016.
“Myers-Briggs Team Building Seminar.” Teachers and Staff, San Jose Episcopal Day School, June 1, 2016.
“The Other Story of Domestic Violence. Abusive Women and the Men That Love Them.” Lunch-N-Learn seminar for family lawyers CLE event in Jacksonville, Florida. April, 12, 2016.
Professional Affiliations (Past and Present)
Diplomate, American Board of Professional Psychology
Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology
Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Member, Florida Psychological Association (Forensic Division Chair, 2022)
Member, American Psychological Association
Member, Florida Vistage CEO (2018-2021)
Executive Board Member, Jewish Family and Community Services (2020-2022)
Board Member, Diocese Review Board, St. Augustine Diocese (2019-2022)
Get In Touch
6058 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville Florida 32217
11512 Lake Mead Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm