Dr. Amy Hartley
Ph.D., Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
Dr. Amy Hartley, Ph.D.
Clinical psychologist Dr. Hartley joined D’Arienzo Psychology in August 2021. She has worked as a psychologist for the past 15 years and earned her Ph.D. from Sam Houston State University in 2006. She has worked in a number of settings, including the criminal justice system, a military hospital, and outpatient community clinics. She is certified by the state of Florida.
Dr. Hartley is an expert in psychological evaluation of children, adolescents, and adults. She evaluates intellectual functioning, learning and cognition, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, memory, and achievement. She also offers treatment to adults and adolescents, and her specialties include:
- Anxiety and stress; depression and mood disorders
- Military and sexual trauma
- Family relationships and dynamics
- Complex trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Individual psychotherapy, couples therapy and family therapy
- Psychological assessment, learning and attention
- Psychosexual evaluations
- Social Investigations
- Parental Fitness Evaluations
- Independent Forensic Psychological Evaluations
- Competency Evaluations
While utilizing evidenced-based interventions, Dr. Hartley’s philosophy of care is centered on a collaborative approach, and she strives to gain a true understanding of the client’s expectations and goals for treatment.
Dr. Hartley is a native Floridian who enjoys spending time outdoors; most weekends you will find her on the water, boating, paddle boarding, or wake skating with friends and family.
- 2006: Sam Houston State University, Ph.D., Clinical Psychology with forensic emphasis
- 2002: University of North Florida, M.A., General Psychology
- 1997: Florida State University, B.S., Psychology
- PTSD, Prolonged Exposure Therapy and Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Military Psychology, Fitness for Duty Evaluations and 706 Evaluations
- FPPE in Neuropsychology, Department of Defense
- Licensed Psychologist in Florida
- 2021-Present: Clinical Psychologist at D’Arienzo Psychology, Jacksonville, FL
- 2019-2021: Baptist Behavioral Health, Jacksonville, FL
- 2013-2019: Naval Hospital Jacksonville, Department of Defense
- 2013: CNS Healthcare, Jacksonville, FL
- 2006-2013: Florida Department of Corrections, Raiford and Lake City, FL
Presentations and Recognition
Hartley, A.M. (2015, August). Personal Security in Dealing with Mental Health Clients. Presentation to the Legal Assistance for Victims of Sexual Offenses and Other Crimes Training Symposium, Orlando, Florida.
Hartley, A.M. (2016, July). Sex offender risk assessment and treatment. Guest lecture/legal outreach to Region Legal Service Southeast, NAS Jacksonville.
Hartley, A.M. (2016, August). Sexual Offenses and Victimology: The Interaction between Victims and Perpetrators. Presentation to the Integrated Legal Services for Victims Conference, Phoenix, AZ.
Get In Touch
6058 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville Florida 32217
11512 Lake Mead Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm